WHAT FOLLOWED THE MEETING BETWEEN NICK ROBINSON AND MORTONJAG

In a message dated 03/06/2010 07:37:26 GMT Daylight Time, mairi@neautox.co.uk writes:

Good morning Nick,
I enjoyed our chat. When I got back there was an email from JG’s solicitors with Blair and Bryden’s latest ‘offering’ attached.
In the broadest of terms, far from warning of possible Court action as they’d done previously, they have merely asked for JG’s ‘proposals for settlement’ of some £2900 (previously £1800) on the strength of the latest ‘spreadsheet’. I believe that is now the SIXTH figure which SD has claimed was ‘missing’!
I spoke briefly with JG last night and suggested that you are surely the man to make sense of all of this. He was reluctant at first (understandably as he sees the Trust Committee as public enemy number one), but has agreed in principle. Would you be willing to do that Nick?
 It’s crystal clear to me that the spreadsheet will only make sense if ALL of the Trust’s figures are available to an auditor. For example it attributes to JG £3000 of ticket income which is incorporated into the spreadsheet calculations. JG claims that in fact it was £2,500.
Sean was responsible for the other £4000 – £4,500 (of a projected £7000). Nowhere in any of the stuff SD ever published did I see that sort of figure banked as ticket money. Perhaps it was.
A final point.
It is clear to me that the Trust Committee ‘newbies’ were again fed stories about ‘Court action’ when none is intended and any would inevitably fail!
The ‘Three Blind Mice’ will delay this interminably if not stopped in their tracks. It is IMPERATIVE that the whole Committee knows the whole story….
Ernie.

From: NRobin9415@aol.com [mailto:NRobin9415@aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2010 12:05 PM
To: mairi@neautox.co.uk
Subject: Re: GMST
Hi there,
I am up to the ears today and tomorrow as I have a couple of my files being reviewed by a court reporter who then sets my fees in the case – in effect a court auditor.  Consequently I have to spend today making sure those files are tickety boo.
I will, however, have a look at what we have over the weekend.  Do you have a copy of the final version of the spreadsheet setting out costs?  I know a number of items were disputed by the trust but its more to give me a guide in case I should miss headings.
What I want to do is to set up a sort of retrospective budget for the event – i.e. what should we have had and then compare that with what is through the bank.  I can then get a handle on what must have been paid in cash and therefore what should have been in the bucket.  If your man has any info on how many tickets should have been paid for and also what sort of margin was applied to drink price. What was the price of programmes and how many were there? How much was actually in the bucket and what did that represent?
Once I have completed this work, I will then consider my position and discuss it with Chris and Paul.

Practiser
Business Recovery and Insolvency Services

www.practiser.co.uk

From: mairi [mailto:mairi@mairidalglish.plus.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2010 2:00 PM
To: ‘NRobin9415@aol.com’
Cc: ‘Jim Gallacher’
Subject: RE: GMST
Thanks Nick.
I’ve just run this past Jim Gallacher. As I said, he was initially a bit cautious, but I have explained that you are not only totally independent on this but will apply professional standards to confidentiality.
He is happy to help you with any information, figures etc.
I’ve copied him into this and you may email him whenever it’s suitable.
Ernie.

From: NRobin9415@aol.com [mailto:NRobin9415@aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2010 8:53 PM
To: mairi@mairidalglish.plus.com
Subject: Re: FW: GMST
Ernie,
I will put the numbers together and have already done some bits but I really need the info mentioned in my last mail. I have no axe to grind, merely a desire as one who had no involvement whatsoever to get the thing settled and we can all get on with our lives.
On another tack, I know you are a jazz buff but I am not sure what variety.  I have a attached a track I rather like – a duet between Acker Bilk and Humphrey Lyttleton.  Maybe a bit old hat for some tastes but right up my street.
Nick

Practiser
Business Recovery and Insolvency Services

www.practiser.co.uk

From: ernie@neautox.co.uk
To: jim_gallacher7@hotmail.com
Subject: FW: FW: GMST
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 21:37:27 +0100

Hi Jim, I received this from Nick, and suggest that you now contact him directly.
Ernie.

From: NRobin9415@aol.com [mailto:NRobin9415@aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, 3 June 2010 9:08 PM
To: iain_mcgregor@optusnet.com.au
Subject: Re: He is so committed to cleaning up this mess that I am sure he’ll drive do…
Iain,
I have met Ernie on a confidential basis and would ask you to respect that.  I am reviewing on an independent basis (i.e. independent from the “old” trust members) such hard financial information as there is and will consider my position and what action to take after that.
Nick
Practiser
Business Recovery and Insolvency Services
www.practiser.co.uk

From: jim_gallacher7@hotmail.com
To: nrobin9415@aol.com
CC: ernie@neautox.co.uk
Subject: RE: GMST
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 10:06:24 +0100

Good Morning Nick

I hope you don’t feel I’m being forward by sending you this E-Mail. Obviously it was myself that put the figures together and despite the claims of your fellow committee members I can assure you that I didn’t steal £2890 from The Trust.

This is the latest figure my lawyer has now received which will be the THIRD different amount stated since I left the police station in which both parties agreed on my original figures which show a deficit of just over £1400.

I’m prepared to take a gamble, the reason I say gamble is because you are on a committee of men that’s wanting to take me to court and at the moment both parties are communicating though lawyers. I’m therefore offering to meet with you and go throuigh the figures with you, explaining what I can.

Unfortunately tomorrow I’m unavailable as I’m on the social committee in my work and I’ve organised a family day on The Tall Ship, with 80 people in attendance.

I’m available anytime on Sunday, morning or afternoon, if you are.

Alternatively I can meet you next week sometime but Monday and Wednesday I’m unavailable.

It’s imperative that our meeting is kept strictly underwraps and under no circumstances can any of the trio know we’re meeting.

Please remember Nick I asked several times to meet with these guys and all my requests were refused, so if they find out we have a meeting planned they will pull the plug on it, however I think we’d both agree that it’d be better to get round a table and talk openly rather than through lawyers.

I look forward to your response.

Thanks