DUNCAN AND GOODWIN’S ARROGANCE AFTER THE CID INVESTIGATION

 

Written by Stuart Duncan:   

Saturday, 30 January 2010
The police probe into the events surrounding the Stars of ’79 event has been dropped. They have completed their investigation and said no one would be prosecuted.
The Supporters’ Trust are extrememly disappointed, given the information we supplied to the police, that no action is being taken.
Chairman Stuart Duncan said: ” The Supporters’ Trust has organised many successful fundraisng events over the years where we have raised a great deal of money that has gone to Morton youth – such as the Champions’ Party in Greenock Sports Centre and last year’s Fans’ Game at Cappielow, which raised £5000.”
“We are extremely dissapointed the Stars of ’79 evening – attended by 280 people – produced a deficit to the Supporters’ Trust of £1600. The Supporters’ Trust may pursue a civil action to recover money and items which are still due to them.” 
Written by Danny Goodwin
 Jan 31 2010, 03:04 PM

MJ – this will be my last post on the matter.
It is a personal statement.

I am 100% confident that I have the evidence required to get the trust members money back from one individual.
I have prepared a full report on the matter which will be published at the appropriate time.
I had kept away from the topic due to all the rumour, innuendo, guesswork while I worked away in the background to get to the whole truth of the matter, especially in the circumstances of there being a lack of a papertrail.
I have not sat idly by – I have done my utmost to make a thorough investigation as has been practically possible based on the experience of my former employment.

In the fullness of time ALL THE FACTS pertaining to the missing money will be published and there for all to see.

In my position of being a Trust Board member I am duty bound to to protect shareholders money, but even at that, as an individual I will not stand by and do nothing when members money has been misapropriated.  
As I have said, I will post the FACTS of the matter at the appropriate time for everyone to see. And I will repeat, I am 100% confident in getting the Trust members money back.

 

‘Newton – due to the fact that I have raised the matter of possible civil action against a certain party I would not divulge any of the facts that I have uncovered.
I have been on the case, so to speak, from around the time of the police involvement. 
The reason for doing so is that I suspected early on that the police may encounter problems due to the lack of a paper-trail.
I has stayed away from posting on this matter until now, after having read so much speculation, guesswork, rumour etc etc.
Those people who know me from old know I wouldn’t make such a serious allegation without concrete evidence.

The truth will eventually out and rest assured I will do all in my power to get the Trust members money back.

Capitanus – yes it is all very sad, 

but no-one is 

going to get away with stealing 

members 

money.
Things were done in a dignified way and I have stayed off this messageboard re this topic, concentrating on building evidence to get our members money back.

It is such a shame that this has blackened such a great night, but unfortunately money was stolen and that really 

is the bottom line.’

This post has been edited by ton5saints1: Jan 31 2010, 12:44 AM

 

 Jan 31 2010, 05:03 PM
Post #56

 

‘There is a very clear deficit of £1600 for the event.

 

BTW I agree with Danny summation given he has also made 

enquiries of people the police didn’t talk to.’

Messrs. Goodwin and Duncan were clearly in full agreement that money had been stolen, yet more than three months down the line they have been unable to produce evidence of theft. Have they been barking up the wrong tree all along?
Is it possible that they have been targeting the wrong person?